Meeting Rooms Policy
(Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees on October 18, 1973 and revised on October 13, 1977; July 8, 1982; September 26, 1989; May 26, 1992; November 15, 1998; June 1, 2000)
It is general policy that the Meeting Room and the Creekside Room be used for Library, Library-related and city meetings or programs only. This includes meetings or programs sponsored by the Library, the Library Board of Trustees, the Friends of the Mill Valley Library, the Mill Valley Library Foundation, the Mill Valley Historical Society, an official City group or for Mill Valley public school programs for students.
Available Meeting Rooms:
Limitations of use:
- Room capacity is 74 persons in the Creekside Room.
- Room use shall not include business or commercial activities without prior approval by the City Librarian.
- No use of electrical equipment other than that authorized by the Library shall be allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Library.
- The group sponsoring the gathering will be responsible for the orderly conduct of the group and for any damage to Library equipment or property, or to the property of the exhibitors.
- City commissions or groups meeting when the Library is closed shall make arrangements prior to the meeting for opening and/or lock-up procedures.
- Rooms may not be used by any group or individual to advocate or engage in any activity that is illegal under California or Federal law.