When do I need a Residential Building Report?

A Residential Building Report (RBR) is required when any residential property changes ownership and should be obtained before the close of escrow. This includes single-family homes, apartment buildings, condominiums, and mixed-use buildings. It is important to obtain a report as early in the process as possible to ensure a completed report will be available in a timely manner. This will also allow sufficient time to resolve any identified issues. Please see the Mill Valley Municipal Code § 20.70.020.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a Residential Building Report?
2. Can the Residential Building Report postpone the close of escrow?
3. How much does a Residential Building Report (re-sale inspection) cost?
4. If unpermitted work or expired permits are discovered, what do I do?