SASM News Details
SASM Public Seating Area Improvement Project
SASM Public Seating Area Improvement Project Opening is Coming Soon!
The area next to the SASM public parking lot located at 450 Sycamore is getting a major upgrade and will be reopened to the public on March 22, 2021.
The improvements are designed to provide a resting area to bicyclists and the general public.
The project includes:
- New 8-ft wide meandering asphalt pathway that leads to a large public patio and seating area. Both the path and patio area are readily accessible from the County’s Mill Valley/Sausalito Multiuse Pathway and from Sycamore Avenue.
- New ADA-compliant picnic table, trash & recycling cans, bike hoop racks, signage, pavement striping, LED lighting, and a 50-ft long retaining “seat” block wall.
- New 8-ft fence and vehicle access gate to the wastewater treatment plant equalization basins.
- Large local repurposed redwood logs serve as decorative barriers and landscaping accents.
- Landscaping with native and low-water tolerating vegetation.
This improvement project was approved by the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC), a coastal zone agency that protects and governs the Bay Area shoreline. This project was a collaborative effort with the City of Mill Valley Department of Public Works, with input provided by the Marin County Parks.